Thursday, August 2, 2012

Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pulled Pork



This pork is a perfect meal for all seasons. It is comforting and warm in the winter, and easy with no oven for the summer! It is savory with just the right amount of sweetness. It smells wonderful while simmering in the crock-pot during the day. Pulled pork is one of my favorite foods however, it will never compare to my beloved North Carolina BBQ, I still love it. North Carolina BBQ may just be one of those nostalgic things that I pair with my sweet family and good times that makes it so good. A Parker family pig pickin' cannot be beat. And that my friends is how my love for pulled pork started.

Now, that I am older I put every marinade or glaze I can find on pork and put it in my crockpot and have sandwiches, eat it plain, put it in a baked potato, eat it on pizza, basically there is no wrong way to eat pulled pork. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have, some say it is their favorite thing I make!
Source: Let's Dish Recipes

Ingredients for Pulled Pork:
1 Pork Tenderloin
1 teaspoon of Ground Sage
1/2 teaspoon of Salt
1/4 teaspoon of Pepper
1 clove of Garlic, minced
1/2 cup of Water

Ingredients for Glaze:
1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
1 tablespoon of Cornstarch
1/4 cup of Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 cup of Water
2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce

Directions:

First, combine the sage, salt, pepper, and garlic together. Now rub it all over the pork!

Next, place the tenderloin in the crockpot, add the water, and set to low. Let the tenderloin cook for 6-8 hours until fall-apart tender. Shred with tongs.

About an hour before you want to eat start the glaze. In a small sauce pan combine all of the ingredients and let the mixture thicken. This will take about 5-10 minutes.

Brush the tenderloin with this glaze 2-3 times during the last hour, and serve the remaining sauce on the side.

Enjoy!

Happy Cooking,
The Barbee Housewife





No comments:

Post a Comment