Friday, August 9, 2013

Not Your Mama's Pimiento Cheese


I am a g.r.i.t.s.  For those of you who don't know what this mean, it is a girl raised in the south. I think being a g.r.i.t.s, I have had plenty of pimiento cheese sandwiches at bridal and baby showers, but also for an excellent lunch.

I have never made pimiento cheese myself, until now. I don't know if I will ever try a different recipe, who am I kidding? I have seen excellent variations out there with additions of jalapeño, yum, and kinds of other great things. For now, this recipe is my staple. It is called not your mama's pimiento cheese, because I have never had it with cream cheese in it and I think all other g.r.i.t.s out there would scoff at this addition. It is so delicious, give it a try, on a cracker, in a sandwich, on a spoon, however you want, you won't regret it.
Source: Plain Chicken

Ingredients:
1/4 cup of Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup of Mayonnaise
1/2 cup of Sour Cream
1/4 teaspoon of Garlic Salt
2 cups of Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese, shredded
1/2 cup of Pimientos, drained

Directions:
First, whip cream cheese until smooth. Whip in the mayonnaise, sour cream, and garlic salt, until well combined. 

Now, add the cheese and pimientos, whip until just combined. 

Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.

Enjoy!

Happy Cooking,
The Barbee Housewife


No comments:

Post a Comment