Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds


Happy Halloween!

One of my favorite things about fall is the pumpkins. They are each unique and make the perfect fall decoration. However, I must confess, one of the reasons I buy pumpkins for decorations is so I can get the seeds out of them! 

I love roasted pumpkin seeds. This year I tried a few different variations of pumpkin seeds and this was, by far, the winner. I will no longer be searching for a pumpkin seed recipe, this is my new favorite. It has just the right amount of heat that compliments the pumpkin seed perfectly.
Source: Taste of Home

Ingredients:
2 cups of Fresh Pumpkin Seeds
2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 teaspoon Hot Pepper Sauce
1/2 teaspoon of Salt
1/2 teaspoon of Paprika
1/4 teaspoon of Cumin
1/4 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper

Directions:
First, make sure to wash and pat dry your pumpkin seeds.

Now, pre-heat your oven to 250 degrees. 

Next, in a small combine the olive oil, worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, salt, paprika, cumin, and cayenne. Toss the pumpkin seeds in this mixture until they are fully coated.

Now, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, sprayed with cooking spray, and spread the seeds on the foil. Bake for 45-50 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and dried. 

Enjoy!

Happy Cooking,
The Barbee Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment