Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Skinny Sesame Chicken



I love Chinese food, but I hate making it at home, it just never tastes the same. I also dislike going out to eat it, I feel so guilty, I know it is packed with so many calories. The other at home option, frozen food, yeah, I don't like that option either. I was on the search for a healthy version that tasted great, I thought I would never find one. I tried countless recipes before I found this one, and this is THE one. It is delicious, healthy, quick, and  easy-clean up, what else can you ask for?
Source: Gourmet Day to Day

Ingredients:
1/2 cup of Flour
1/4 teaspoon of Salt
1/8 teaspoon of Pepper
1 package of Chicken Tenderloins,  cut into cubes
1/4 cup of Soy Sauce, reduced sodium
1/4 cup of Sugar
1/2 teaspoon of Dark Sesame Oil
2 tablespoons of Sesame Seeds, toasted
1/4 cup of fresh Scallions, chopped

Directions:

First, combine the flour, salt and pepper in a gallon ziplock bag. Now, add the chicken and shake until all of the chicken is well coated.

Next, coat a large non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray and warm over medium-high heat. When the pan has warmed, add the chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes until you chicken is cooked throughly and the juices run clear. Move the chicken to a plate.

In the same pan, reduce the heat to medium and add the soy sauce and sugar. Now, wait until the sugar has dissolved and add the sesame oil and seeds, then, the chicken and scallions. Coat the chicken with the sauce and serve immediately.

I recommend serving this over brown rice.

Enjoy!

Happy Cooking,
The Barbee Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment