Sunday, February 12, 2012

Snow Cream


Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. Finally, snow! It has been pouring snow since 10 o'clock this morning. Usually West Texas gets quite a bit of snow, but not this year. We are excited! Now on to the snow cream...

This is a comfort food, to the max for me. My mother has been making this for me and my brother and sister every snow day as long as I can remember. It is so simple, yet so yummy.









Snow Cream

Ingredients:
Fresh snow- I mean fresh from outside off of the top of the car, preferably
2 cups of milk- evaporated, whole milk, skim milk, heavy cream- just whatever you've got!
1 cup of sugar

Fill an entire pitcher with this fresh snow. It will melt down when you add the milk. Stir in the milk and the sugar. Add more milk if you want it more slushy or add more snow if you would like it thicker. I like to make it a little thicker and then leave the pitcher on the table. The snow cream will melt in the pitcher as the day goes on- eat it as is, or add more snow!

Here is another picture, in honor of my mom. She always makes things so special and beautiful. She is my inspiration for everything. She uses crystal any chance she gets, and a glass full of snow cream is no exception. She has these fabulous long teaspoons that just make all the difference. Here is my attempt!






















And here is the little Snow Princess herself, in all of her glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment