Monday, February 13, 2012

Heath Bar Blondies


Ethan loves Heath candy bars. A few weeks ago when I was in the grocery store, I found heath bar bits. They have been sitting in the pantry ever since. I wasn't really sure what to do with them. I found this great recipe after a broad search "heath bars." I knew that the dense-ness of the bar, the brown sugar, and the heath bar bits would make this the absolute perfect bar. These were so easy to make and they were ready in no time. The only hard part about this recipe is waiting for them to cool!
Source: Lovin' From The Oven.

Ingredients:
1 cup of AP flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup of Heath bits


Directions:
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

After that is done, cream together the brown sugar and melted butter.

Next, beat in the egg and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until blended.

Finally, stir in the Heath bits. Do not just add them to the mixer, use a spoon!

Then, pour the mixture into a greased 8x8 pan. Bake for 30 minutes.

After taking them out of the oven let the blondes completely cool before cutting. This is the hard part, I think Ethan has asked me 3 times if he could have one yet! :) These taste awesome. If you dare, add vanilla ice cream :)

No comments:

Post a Comment