Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Perfect Eye-of-Round Roast


Growing up, roast beef was a very typical Sunday night meal at the Lewis household. I decided that I wanted to make a roast for my husband. This is when I realized I had never actually helped with the actual roast, I was shocked that I did not know how to prepare a roast. So, I went on a search for one that would work perfect for us and man did I find one. I will never try another recipe again. This had the perfect spice rub to make it delicious. However, this is a fork and knife roast, which I prefer.
Source: Paula Deen's Kitchen Classics

Ingredients:
1 Beef Eye-of-Round Roast, 2.5-3 lbs
1 tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
1 teaspoon of Seasoning Salt
1 teaspoon of Paprika
1/2 teaspoon of Sugar
1/2 teaspoon of Pepper
1/2 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
1/4 teaspoon of Dried Oregano
1/4 teaspoon of Ground Ginger

Directions:
First, preheat your oven to 500 degrees.

Next, add all of the ingredients, except the oil, together well. Now, it is time to get your hands dirty! Rub your roast with the vegetable oil and rub the spice rub all over the roast. Make sure to get all sides and inside of every crack and crevasse you find!

Place the roast into an iron skillet. Put the roast into the oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 350 degrees. You need to cook the roast for 20 minutes per pound for a perfect medium rare. If you use a meat thermometer it is 125 degrees for medium rare or 135-140 for medium. After your roast has cooked to the desired temperature, let cool for 15 minutes before carving. Carve and serve this delicious roast!

No comments:

Post a Comment