Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Spiced Almonds

Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin, it's here! I love pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin syrup for my coffee, pumpkin ice cream, I love it all!!! And, did I mention, I am going to be a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding?!Ya, I don't need all of my pumpkin favorites, so lucky for me, I have found pumpkin greek yogurt and pumpkin granola. Everywhere I look there is more pumpkin, more temptation, I just need it! That is where this comes in, pumpkin pie spiced almonds. I get the sweet taste of pumpkin that I love and none of the guilt that comes with eating a cream cheese pumpkin muffin.

 These are perfect to carry around and eat for a snack whenever the temptation hits. They were very easy to make and really did not take much effort. I used homemade pumpkin pie spice, because I had all of the ingredients in my cabinet and you know, I just like making my spice mixes from scratch. Perfect.
Source: adapted from, A Work In Progress

 Ingredients:
2 cups of Raw Almonds
3 teaspoons of Cinnamon
3 teaspoons of Pumpkin Pie Spice, homemade or store bought
1/2 teaspoon of Sea Salt
4 tablespoons of Agave Nectar or Honey
2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract

Directions:
First, pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees.

Now, in a medium sized bowl add the almonds and then all of the spices. Give it a stir and add teh honey and vanilla, stir well to combine.

Next, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray. Spread the almonds on the pan in an even layer.

Roast for 10 minutes, flip one, and roast for 5-10 more minutes, keep your eye on them so they do not burn.

Store in an airtight container.

Enjoy!

Happy Cooking,
The Barbee Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment