Friday, September 27, 2013

Homemade Creole Seasoning


Throughout my adventures of cooking, I have realized how important it is to make things from scratch. They ALWAYS taste better, you know exactly what is going into your food, and it gives you a sense of accomplishment. I just think it is the way things should be done, make time to do these small details and your food and stomach will thank you.

This spice mix has been a big part of my cooking lately and I am always finding new uses for it. I can't wait to share some of those recipes, but first, I had to share the seasoning. Another bonus to using this homemade seasoning is you can easily control your sodium intake by decreasing the salt. You can cut this recipe in half if you need to, but if you love spicy, you will love this. This is Emeril Lagasse's signature Essence seasoning, that he even sells, it is that great.
Source: Emeril Lagasse

Ingredients:
2 1/2 tablespoons of Paprika
2 tablespoons of Salt
2 tablespoons of Garlic Powder
1 tablespoon of Black Pepper
1 tablespoon of Onion Powder
1 tablespoon of Cayenne Pepper
1 tablespoon of Dried Oregano
1 tablespoon of Dried Thyme

Directions:

Mix together all of the ingredients until thoroughly combined.

Store in a airtight container.

This will yield 2/3 cup of homemade creole seasoning.

Enjoy!

Happy Cooking,
The Barbee Housewife


No comments:

Post a Comment