Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Blueberry-Gorgonzola Salad


We are officially in the thick of blueberry season and I am loving it. My aunt has the most perfect garden in the world and let's me come over whenever I want to pick blueberries! I have more blueberries than I know what to do with and I am loving it! I decided to try blueberries in a more savory route and thought why not salad? 

This salad is excellent. I love gorgonzola and almonds, so it really isn't a surprise, but that wasn't even my favorite part of this salad. My favorite part was the delicious addition of fresh herbs. It does take some time chopping them, but it is so worth it. It is such a different twist on my normal and boring side dinner salad. I could not get enough of this salad, I served it with a homemade pomegranate vinaigrette, but any fruity vinaigrette dressing would work perfectly! You could easily add grilled chicken or whatever your protein of choice is to make this an entree! 

Ingredients:
1 package of Mixed Greens, 5 oz. 
2 cups of fresh Blueberries
1 cup of loosely packed flat-leaf Parsley, roughly chopped
1 cup of loosely packed Basil Leaves, roughly chopped
1/2 cup of loosely packed Tarragon, roughly chopped
1 cup of roasted-salted Almonds
3/4 cup of fresh Chives, cut in 1 inch pieces
3/4 cup of Gorgonzola Crumbles
3/4 cup of Pomegranate or Raspberry Vinaigrette 

Directions:
Toss together all of the ingredients in a large salad bowl. 

Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and mix well right before serving.

Enjoy!

Happy Cooking,
The Barbee Housewife


No comments:

Post a Comment