Monday, September 24, 2012

Skinny Pumpkin Butter


Fall is finally here! I am so excited, even though it is still warm outside, I am not even going to think about it. I know the weather will catch up soon. This pumpkin butter is a tad deceiving, because it is not butter at all. In fact, it does not have any butter in it. It is a spread that is so amazing, creamy, sweet, and this version is a skinny version of it. It was really easy to mix up and I have plans on using it in some great recipes to come in the next few days. However, it would be great spread on a piece of toast, on a bagel, or off a spoon. Wait, did I just say that? I have no idea how I would know that ...
Source: Skinnytaste

Ingredients:
Pumpkin Puree,  1 29 oz. can
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup Apple Cider or Juice
1 cup of Brown Sugar, packed
3 Cinnamon Sticks
2 teaspoons of Pumpkin Pie Spice

Directions:

First, combine the pumpkin, vanilla, apple cider, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks and pumpkin pie spice in a large saucepan.

Next, let this mixture come to a boil, when it does, reduce the heat to low.

Now, let this simmer for 30-40 minutes until it is thickened, stirring frequently.

Finally, discard the cinnamon sticks and store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.

Enjoy!

Happy Cooking,
The Barbee Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment