Monday, September 3, 2012

Baked Roast Beef and Cream Cheese Wontons



This post is the start to my week of NFL appetizers. Football is here, or almost. I do not love watching football in the same sense my husband does, but I do have my favorite team and love to watch them. However, Ethan LOVES to watch football, not just one or two teams, but all of them. This has stemmed from some intense, competitive fantasy football.

This is fine with me, when I get bored, I just go into the kitchen and whip him up a few snacks, by the time I am back, I have had the perfect break from football. And let's be real, the probability of getting him off the couch and to the table for a full meal during football season is just not happening.

These roast beef and cream cheese wontons are perfect for a snack and are savory enough you will get quite full. I will give you a cautionary warning, make more than you plan to be eaten. They are delicious and highly, highly, addicting.
Source: Sweet Treats and More

Ingredients:
1/2 lb Deli-Style Roast Beef or left-over Roast Beef, cut in small pieces
4 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
15 Wonton Wrappers

Directions:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Next, get out a sheet pan. Line the wonton wrappers up on the pan, as close as you can get them.

Now, place about one teaspoon of cream cheese on each wonton wrapper, then follow behind with the roast beef.

Next, get a cup of warm water and dip your finger into it. Run your finger along all four edges of the wonton wrapper. Fold the wrapper into a triangle and press down to seal.

When you have finished folding all of your wontons, brush with a little bit of olive oil.

Bake for 8 minutes and then turn your oven from bake to broil for about 2 minutes or until the tops are browned.

Enjoy!

Happy Cooking,
The Barbee Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment