Monday, June 25, 2012

The "Hot Mess"


This creation is inspired from a recent episode of "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives." My husband and I love this show. Anytime we go to a new town we try to go to one of the famous restaurants. Pecan Lodge happens to be in Dallas, TX and guess what? I was going to Dallas the next day! Talk about coincidence. The show warned us to get there early, but we slept in and went late. We paid for it. They were out of the "Hot Mess" and the pulled pork sandwich. However, I did get to meet the owner. He was so nice and down to earth and not to mention humble! He said they were still trying to get all of the proportions of food to crowd ratio down and apologized. I told him I would be back and next time, I will get there early. That does not stop me from dreaming about the "Hot Mess" that I saw on TV. I knew I had to recreate it, so here it is! It was unbelievable. I would even venture to say one of the best bites I have ever had.
Source: Pecan Lodge

Ingredients:
1 Sweet Potato
1/2 cup of Pulled Pork
1 Piece of Bacon, cooked and crumbled
A few tablespoons of Butter
A few tablespoons of Cheddar Cheese, Grated
1 tablespoon of Green Onions, chopped
Drizzle of Chipotle Cream

Directions:

Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees.

Wrap the sweet potato in aluminum foil and place in the oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Remove the sweet potato and slice open horizontally.

Add the butter, and then the cheese.

Next, is the pulled pork.

Keep piling on the goodness, add the chipotle cream.

Finally, top with bacon crumbles and green onion.

Enjoy every last bite, because you will devour this! And be craving it for days to come ...


No comments:

Post a Comment