Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Crispy Buffalo Shrimp


I came to the realization a few nights ago that I had not had any fried food in 3+ weeks! I did not even realize it. It has not been hard at all and I attribute a lot of that to this "crispy-style-baking" I do. I use a baking sheet, covered in aluminum, with my cooling rack (for cookies) on top, it fits perfectly and it ensures that the bottom will also be crispy. I have made fish for fish sandwiches, chicken tenders, and these shrimp.

These shrimp are packed with flavor, not only are they dipped in buffalo sauce, but they are coated in a well-seasoned panko mixture. We served this with macaroni and cheese and a side salad with bleu cheese. You could always dip these shrimp in a ranch or bleu cheese dip.
Source: Barbee Housewife Original

Ingredients:
1 lb. of Shrimp, raw, peeled & deveined
1/4 cup of Buffalo Sauce, such as Louisiana Hot Sauce or Frank's Hot Sauce
1 cup of Panko
1/4 teaspoon of Paprika
1/2 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon of Onion Powder
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
First, preheat your oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and top with a wire rack, sprayed with cooking spray.

Now, rinse the shrimp and liberally season with salt and pepper, set aside.

Get out two shallow pans, place the buffalo sauce in one and in the other pan whisk the panko, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder together.

For the dredging part, use one hand for the buffalo sauce and one hand for the panko dredging. Place a shrimp in the buffalo, coat well and place into the panko mixture, using the other hand, press the panko onto each shrimp and then place onto the wire rack.

Bake for 15-17 minutes until the shrimp and cooked through and crispy.

Enjoy!

Happy Cooking,
The Barbee Housewife



1 comment:

  1. I just fried some shrimp tonight, wish I had read here first, these look great.

    ReplyDelete