Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pesto Ranch Chicken {Crock-pot}


Sometimes you just need a super easy meal. When you try to cook every meal at home, you seem to want super easy meals, a lot. Crockpots are amazing, it takes the worrying out of what is for dinner. It has happened on more than one occasion when dinner rolls around, I don't want what is on the meal plan. I usually just get on with it and cook it and then am so glad I did, after I made it. The crockpot takes out the whole dreading of making dinner when dinner rolls around. You start it in the morning and dinner is ready when you get home. I heart crockpots, a lot!

I used my favorite homemade pesto here, it only required half of the jar, so I had the other half for spread onto sandwiches or mixing a spoonful into pasta. Perfect. I served Ethan mashed potatoes with his and I slow-roasted some tomatoes for my side. The chicken was nothing crazy, but it was packed with tons of flavor, perfectly tender, and so easy to make.
Source: Picky Palate

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless, Chicken Breast or 8 boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
3/4 cup of Pesto, 6 oz.
1 package of Ranch Seasoning Mix, package or homemade
1/2 cup of Chicken Broth

Directions:
First, place chicken in the crockpot.

Now, spread pesto on top of the chicken, sprinkle the seasoning on, pour the chicken broth in and give a gentle stir.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4. When removing chicken use a utensil on either side and lift it up or it will shred!

Enjoy!

Happy Cooking,
The Barbee Housewife



No comments:

Post a Comment