Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Balsamic Roast Beef


Those hot days are coming more quickly than we know. In fact, I was just looking at the weather and it is going to be 99 degrees this weekend. That means cool cooking is going to be going into effect earlier this year. When it is so hot outside, the last thing I want to do is turn on the oven and get my kitchen hot , too. We love grilling and cold summer salads, but I also love my trusty crock-pot. It is my year long friend. I love the warm food in the winter and in the summer, it cooks while I enjoy my pool time.

This beef is excellent we had it the first night as a main dish and then served it later on as sliders and over nachos. I will have to admit, the main dish was my favorite way to have it served. This beef has just the right amount of sweetness from the honey and balsamic vinegar. It is a super easy meal and all you have to do is prepare your sides. This is meal that I always have the ingredients on hand, if I have a roast, so it is perfect for one of those mornings when I realize I didn't thaw something out. You can put a frozen roast beef in the crock-pot, you will need to add more time to the cooking time. I served this with a medley of roasted potatoes and a simple spinach salad, full of veggies from my refrigerator.
Source: Add a Pinch

Ingredients:
1 Boneless Roast Beef, 3-4 lbs, Chuck or Round Roast
1 cup of Beef Broth
1/2 cup of Balsamic Vinegar
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon of Honey
1/2 teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes
4 cloves of Garlic, minced

Directions:
First, place the roast beef into your crock-pot.

Now, mix together the broth, vinegar, worcestershire, soy sauce, honey, red pepper flakes, and garlic. Pour over the roast.

Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 4-6 hours on high. Cook until the beef can be shredded with two forks. If it doesn't shred, let it go for another 30-45 minutes and check again.

If you want a gravy with your meat, place the juices in a gravy fat separator and then reduce the gravy by half on the stove-top by simmering.


Enjoy!

Happy Cooking,
The Barbee Housewife

1 comment:

  1. This sounds wonderful! I am adding it to an upcoming meal plan.

    ReplyDelete